Sabudana vada recipe
Recipe for fasting
Cooking time..20 minutes
Recipe type..snack for fasting
Serving..12 no. Of vada
Author.. Chef Prabhakar Prajapati
- 1 cup of Sabudana ( sago)
- 1cup boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup peanut
- 1tblsp fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2tspn cumin seeds
- 1-2 green chilli chopped
- Sendha namak ( rock salt) as per taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tblspn kuttu ka atta ( buckwheat)
- Oil for deep fry
Preparation of Sabudana vada..
- Wash and soak Sabudana in a water for 2-5 hrs
- Drain and wash to remove starch completely
- Rost peanuts and crushed it
- Boiled potatoes and mashed it
- Mixed together Sabudana , mashed potatoes, crushed peanuts, green chilli,salt, cumin, lemon juice, and coriander leaves mixed well.
- Knead very well for 1 min. If sticky then just grease your fingers lightly. Kneading helps in binding the dough well and prevents the Sabudana vada from braking while frying.
How to make Sabudana vada
- Make 10 to 12 balls and then slightly flatten to make the parties or vada. Do not make them too thick as they may break.
- Heat oil in a kadai until hot enough.
- Drop a small portion of the mixture to check if the oil is hot enough. The dough has to rise without browning quickly.
- Next take 1tsp of the mixture in your hand and roll it to a small vada . Drop it in the hot oil to check if it doesn't disintegrate . If the ball breaks then add the some kuttu atta in the mixture and mix it well.
- Then Shape them to vada.
- Drop the Sabudana vada in a hot oil one bu one and deep fry until golden brown. The vada will puff well and turn crisp on the outside.
- Drain them to a kitchen tissue . Serve vada with coconut chutney 😋